Presented In The COMMON SENSE PERSPECTIVE Lacking In Today's MSM, Designed For NO-NONSENSE Americans!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

COMICS ARE EDUCATIONAL - The TRUE Story of The Wonderful BIG BILL


Don't let anyone tell you that comics are bad for you! Why, you can learn a lot of interesting true and historical facts from comic books! Take for example the story of Big, Bow-Legged Bill, the "rootin'est, rip-snortin'est man-critter that ever kicked up dust in the old west..."


________________________________
Yup. That's right. The Panama Canal. Lurned it frum a comic book, jest like everything else!
'THE WONDERFUL BIG BILL' was taken from DEAD-EYE WESTERN COMICS # 4, 1949, and was drawn by Ed Moore. Perhaps he wrote the story as well, that information wasn't able to be located.  I don't know much about Ed Moore, but I like his style. I know I have seen his signature on one or two other stories somewhere in my comic book igloo. Yeah, I built an igloo out of comics, you got a problem with that?!  It protects me from the polar bears. So, anyway, I will prob'ly post another Moore story one of these days...


______________________________
Cover to DEAD-EYE WESTERN COMICS # 4. Art by Dan Zolnerowich





3 comments:

  1. Ed Moore work is beautiful~ a colorist's dream come true. I dug up a few short bios when I posted a couple of his yarns over @ TCD~! I was hoping to find that he started out as an animator, but the known info doesn't dig too deep. He reminds me of current Mike Allred stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes! I see it now - I missed that one before. Yes, that's another even nicer example of Moore's clean, simple, yet perfectly defined lines. Thanks for letting me know! I recommend everybody go check out your Ed Moore post at TEN CENT DREAMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Moore! I lost my collection of Hillman Comics two years ago in a storage space disaster, so please, whatever you got, I wanna see.

    I wrote to Ron Goulart many years ago about Ed and he sent me the most info I've ever been able to find on the guy. If I can dig up his letter, I'll scan it and send it in.

    ReplyDelete